Saturday, July 25, 2009

New Voices Along the Path

As I've stated repeatedly, the purpose of this blog is twofold: 1) to share my thoughts and contemplations with the world; and 2) to share the thoughts and contemplations of others along a congruent or similar path. To this end, from time to time, I like to take the opportunity to introduce my readers to the new blogs and sites added to the right sidebar. The last time I did this was at the end of March. Since I've added numerous links since then, I thought it was high time for another edition of Voices Along the Path.

This post will cover those added to Taoists Wanderers. A subsequent post -- today or tomorrow -- will cover Fellow Wanderers. (If you want to view the March entries: I, II & III.)

Beyond the Fields We Know
These are the wandering journeys of a thoughtful mind, a passionate eye, a fey wit and an earth loving heart through the landscape with camera in hand.

Catherine (Cate) Kerr is a freelance photographer, writer, editor and graphic designer with her roots firmly planted in the good dark soil of the eastern Ontario highlands. She is an ardent seeker, a naturalist and a wordsmith, a student of deep ecology in this and many other lifetimes, a devotee of untrodden lands, of twilight, full moons, liminal places and the wild wisdom which sustains the cosmos.

Center for Taoist Thought and Fellowship
The Center For Taoist Thought And Fellowship, founded in 1982, is a California non-profit religious (Taoist) corporation.

Christian Taoism
This blog looks at what happens when you rub "Love thy neighbor" and Taoism together.

Ethereal Existentialism
I'm a former Baptist Pastor who has somehow escaped fundamentalism and I am now meandering through a blend of Christianity, Taoism, and Zen - though I've also explored several other faith traditions including Sufism, American Indian Spirituality, and a few Pagan and New Age ideas. It is what it is.

Health & Meditation Corner
I am also known online as Durkhrod Chogori and currently live in Brisbane, Australia. I have dedicated my life to pursue an active and healthy lifestyle using various health and meditative practices, which have enabled me to cope with the demands of modern life. You can also attain that level by following my recommendations. Remember: Never give up regardless of difficulties and challenges. All the best.

My Tai Chi Life
Mike Ferruggia is all about Tai Chi. He teaches Wu Style Tai Chi Chuan Long Form, Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan Long Form, Chi Kung (qi gong) and Taoist Meditation and contemplation. He also writes a darn good blog!

Mountain Diamond Poetry
What else but a poem can strike you down and lift you up at the same time? Poems are the oxygen in the blood of being. Poesy is a way that reflects The Great Way of Dao – sometimes the reflection is dark, sometimes light. I will be posting Diamond Poems and/or other poetry weekly at this site and invite comments and posts of Diamond Poems from other poets and writers.

The Invisible Dragon
I’m Robert Williams creator and author of “The Invisible Dragon.” A blog of personal transition into the Tao Te Ching. I began blogging two years ago about my personal journey with depression. In 2008, I began to study the Tao and never looked back.

Growing up I had never heard of Tao Te Ching. Never heard of it as adult, nevertheless it appeared when I was ready. Its something one has to experience on ones own. The Tao Te Ching has principles (81 verses) that I’ve accepted that are fit to guide my life.

Taoism teaches that there is one undivided truth at the root of all things. There’s no intermediary needed. Living the Tao has become the way for me.


The Tao of Project Management
I am an old project manager working at the University of Exeter. I am the author of Project Management in easy steps and Project 2007 in easy steps. The blog is my attempt to observe project management life and how it maps onto Taoist philosophy and maybe learn some understanding of what happens in projects and life.

1 comment:

  1. Dude! Thanks for listing my blog. I'm flattered. Yet another reason to continue writing it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.