Saturday, February 23, 2013

I Ching: Hexagram 12 - The Lines, Part 2

Six in the second place means:
They bear and endure;
This means good fortune for inferior people.
The standstill serves to help the great man to attain success.


Inferior people are ready to flatter their superiors in a servile way. They would also endure the superior man if he would put an end to their confusion. This is fortunate for them. But the great man calmly bears the consequences of the standstill. He does not mingle with the crowd of the inferior; that is not his place. By his willingness to suffer personally he insures the success of his fundamental principles.
Translator of this version of the I Ching is Richard Wilhelm. If you missed any posts in this series, please utilize the I Ching label below.

1 comment:

  1. I love this, such a perfect way of explaining a very complicated issue (especially for me).

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.