Monday, August 15, 2011

Meet Up

For the first 5 or so years of this blog, I was the sole scribe. Beginning in May 2010, Scott Bradley signed on. By the end of this month, he will have amassed nearly 550 posts with several more waiting to be added.

Until this morning, the only communications he and I have had were conducted via email. He has no idea what I look like and I certainly couldn't pick him out of a crowd of one!

Today, however, we do know, at least, what the other sounds like as we talked on the telephone. On Wednesday, if all goes as planned, we will meet face-to-face in a restaurant along the Oregon coast.

It's kind of weird. While I genuinely do wish to meet my co-conspirator in this blogging enterprise, I am not a very social person and neither is Scott. Consequently, I think we each are a bit excited as well as a bit nervous. To add to my anxiety, my wife & I will need to drive through a long tunnel south of Cannon Beach and I h-a-t-e tunnels!

Wednesday promises to be an interesting day. It may provide me with something to talk about with my mental health counselor in Long Beach later that afternoon. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I'd always assumed you and Scott were longtime friends. It's interesting that you've never met in person.

    I hope you have a good time together today!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.