Thursday, May 26, 2005

Driving My Life Away

I've been on the road most of this week. In fact, I've spent a great deal of the past year driving around Oregon, Washington & Northern California (job hunting). I've noticed something odd. All of the crazy drivers seem to congregate in the Portland-Salem area of I-5.

I simply detest driving in or around Portland. No one drives any where near the speed limit, including the police. Drivers dart in and out of lanes as if being chased by demons. And, because most of them live in the area (meaning they have to put up with this insanity on a daily basis), far too many of them are ANGRY drivers.

Now don't think I'm musing about the all too typical rush hour mad scramble. I carefully plan my trips around Portland specifically to avoid rush hour. I will only travel through or around the Rose City from 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. or after 7:00 p.m., unless it's the weekend.

This week I drove the length of I-84 through Oregon. For hundreds of miles drivers were very sedate. It was only when I reached Portland and traveled on to Salem that I ran into the insane drivers.

I hope I get a job in Eastern Oregon. It will be great for my nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.