Thursday, August 15, 2013

Bit by Bit - Chapter 19, Part 20

Trey Smith

You forget your feet when the shoes are comfortable. You forget your waist when the belt is comfortable. Understanding forgets right and wrong when the mind is comfortable. There is no change in what is inside, no following what is outside, when the adjustment to events is comfortable. You begin with what is comfortable and never experience what is uncomfortable when you know the comfort of forgetting what is comfortable.
~ Burton Watson translation ~
I can really identify with this passage! I have several old pairs of overalls that I have hung onto for years. They are just so damn comfortable!

It's the same thing with my marriage. While a lot of guys my age look for a younger woman to bring excitement and intrigue into their lives, I like the comfort level that Della and I enjoy.

To view the Index page for this series, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.