Saturday, November 24, 2012

Huainanzi - Entry 88

Trey Smith
People are comfortable in large houses, but birds are distressed when they get into them. Deep mountain forests are delightful to tigers and leopards, but humans are scared when they go into them. Deep ponds are suitable for turtles, but people drown in them.
~ a passage from
The Book of Leadership and Strategy by Thomas Cleary ~
It's not just that each species has it's own way, but each individual does too. I have had numerous dogs and cats throughout my life and no two have been the same.

I happen to be an individual with a large personal space who feels suffocated by crowds. While I can be social, at times, I am much more at ease tooling around by myself. I know a lot of people who would go stark raving mad living MY lifestyle. Such people need to be where the action is and many of them loathe being left alone for any significant period of time.

I'm not interested in convincing you that my path should be your path and that if you don't follow the path I follow, then something is wrong with you. I would appreciate the same courtesy.

To each his own.
To read the introduction to this ongoing series, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.