Monday, November 26, 2012

Awash in Words

Trey Smith


With so many hand-held electronic devices these days, blog posts can be written almost anyplace. You can be on a train, plane, at work/school (though you're supposed to be working!) or any other of a million places. You can be in your native country or halfway around the world.

As I've mentioned before, I don't own any hand-held electronic communication devices. With this pertinent information, you might surmise that the vast majority of my posts are formulated and written on my personal computer located in a second floor bedroom that I refer to as my "office." If this is what you're thinking -- if, of course, you even think about such things -- then you are half right.

While I certainly DO type my posts in this one spot, I formulate most of them...in the shower!

There is not a lot to do in the shower. The process of washing is such a rote task that I don't need to think to myself, "Hmm. Maybe I should grab that bar of soap there and rub it all over my body!" So, with nothing else to do, I write blog posts in my head. Sometimes I even write them out loud. Since I take 2 or 3 showers a day -- hot water does wonders for an aching body -- I can formulate 3 - 6 posts every 24 hours.

Not surprisingly, what I write in the shower rarely makes it into print in a precise manner. It seems that my mind and my fingers aren't always on the same page! There are times that I race upstairs to type out what I have thought out, but my fingers decide to go in a different direction altogether.

Aah, such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.