Thursday, November 17, 2011

Tao Bible - Isaiah 63:3-4

Trey Smith

I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment. For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.
~ King James version ~

After a bitter quarrel, some resentment must remain.
What can one do about it?
Therefore the sage keeps his half of the bargain
But does not exact his due.
~ from Verse 79 of the Tao Te Ching ~
The root of vengeance is desire. It is to punish someone who has not met up with an expectation. Tao is impartial. Tao treats the ten thousand things like straw dogs. Ever desireless, Tao harbors no expectations.

If you're interested in reading more from this experimental series, go to the Tao Bible Index page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.