Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Almost Here

The end of Daylight Savings Time (DST) is almost here. On Saturday night, we will set our clocks back one hour.

In year's past, I have dreaded the day. Since I tend to get up in late morning and I usually take a mid-afternoon nap, the annual end of DST means I don't get to see sunlight very often. That tended to lower my sails a bit.

But I'm not dreading it this year. I've made my peace with it. It is what it is and so I must deal with it AS it is.

I think my acceptance also has to do with the observation that I like the dark. Regardless of the season, I am the most productive while most everyone else sleeps. I tool around in the middle of the night -- doing housework, indoor projects and maintaining this blog.

Consequently, in an odd sort of way, I welcome an additional hour of darkness. That's one additional hour that I feel most in my element.

Hmm. Maybe I'm a vampire! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.