Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tao Bible - Psalm 7:4-5

If I have rewarded evil unto him that was at peace with me; (yea, I have delivered him that without cause is mine enemy:) Let the enemy persecute my soul, and take it; yea, let him tread down my life upon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust. Selah.
~ King James version ~

When we treat the kind and humble person roughly, wisdom teaches us not to replicate the action.
~ possible Taoist alternative ~
The author states that, if we are mean to people who have done us no wrong, we should have no problem when they return the behavior in kind.

Each life is a journey with many steps. Many of these steps will be missteps. Wisdom is born by learning from our mistakes and misdeeds, so that we don't repeat the missteps again.

If you're interested in reading more from this experimental series, go to the Tao Bible Index page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.