Friday, November 26, 2010

Tao Bible - 2 Samuel 12:21-23

Then said his servants unto him, What thing is this that thou hast done? thou didst fast and weep for the child, while it was alive; but when the child was dead, thou didst rise and eat bread. And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live? But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.
~ King James version ~

There is no entreating Tao.
~ possible Taoist alternative ~
With his newborn son fighting for his life, King David denies himself in the hopes this will appease God. When it doesn't, he returns to his normal routine.

The Way operates of its own accord. Nothing we consciously do will change that. There is nothing to appease.

If you're interested in reading more from this experimental series, go to the Tao Bible Index page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.