Monday, September 27, 2010

A Set of Challenges I Face

Anyone who has a blog (or even a website) knows the challenge of coming up with topics to write about and to do so in a consistently fresh manner. What I've found that a lot of people do -- and it CERTAINLY makes sense -- is to draw upon their daily lives. As they interact with others in a wide variety of situations, these interactions become fodder for blog posts.

Most people my age not only have children but grandkids as well. As they watch their progeny grow, they share in their success and commiserate with them for their failures. Parents and grandparents typically have a front row seat as they watch the next generations learn about life on-the-fly and, ultimately, spread their own wings. This process provides excellent material to write about.

Most adults are employed in a job or occupation. The daily grind contains a wealth of subject matter. With the global downturn, the number of employed souls isn't as high as it has been in the past, but even those looking for work still find a multitude of source material.

And, of course, most people engage in daily interactions in a multiplicity of social settings. There are neighbors, social groups, clubs and churches that offer a wealth of situations and circumstances that can serve as the impetus for a daily post.

I often amaze myself at the number and frequency of posts I share with you each day. My amazement comes from the fact that the three areas noted above predominantly are missing from my life. I am not a parent and I don't live anywhere near any nieces or nephews; I know very little about their lives anyway. I don't hold a job and I'm not looking for one. And, of course, because of my autism and social awkwardness, my social contacts are very limited and measured.

Consequently, aside from news, books and ideas I derive from reading YOUR blogs, most of the stuff I come up with is pulled straight from me own little noggin. Mind you, I'm not complaining at all. My life is what it is; I accept and embrace it. I'm simply stating a fact -- I have far less external stimuli to draw from than the average blogger.

That's neither good nor bad. Like Tao, it just is. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Rambling,

    You do have a lot of interesting material here.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.