Saturday, June 26, 2010

More Than a Bit of Whimsy

I've been thinking a lot lately about the George Carlin stand-up comedy routine in which he examines the phrase "in your own words." Of course, he points out that few people have their own private language and that, to communicate, we all utilize the same words.

I have given some not-too-serious consideration to starting another blog entitled In My Own Words. The blog's title would be the ONLY place in which I utilized recognizable words in the English language. Everywhere else, I would write pure gobbledygook. For example, the introductory post might go something like this:
!Cramyae fropke yestinkle blazh-

Surnoch eleptryoli yzzr pompeeloutrokornspern- ,Pozzoda > fropke portalonkjr mimiminono :{}

?aUOOt
Needless to say, I have two serious concerns re undertaking such an epic endeavor. First, I'd worry that it might attract crackpots -- you know, those kinds of people who might just decide to respond in the comments section with their own gobbledygook. I don't know if I could handle the competition.

My second worry -- owing to the sad shape of the world these days -- is that far too many people might decide that I am an alien from a distant planet sent to save the human race or, even worse, people might start worshiping me as some sort of new age deity. Since a lot of people seem to be attracted to sensationalism and the bizarre, I might create a movement that will build up so much momentum that I would be unable to pull the plug on it.

Muqiterwo demvesteringzy talplot!!

I seem to be in the silliest of moods this morning so -- throwing all caution to the wind -- I decided to take the plunge. My completely farcical new other blog, In My Own Words, can be found here. Who knows how long I'll keep it there?

If there IS some sort of place that our spirits/souls/essences go, I hope George Carlin is looking up, down or sideways and wearing a wry smile.

3 comments:

  1. or, perhaps other possible outcomes:

    1) turns out your writing is actually a computer virus when turned into a binary executable, and you have the national security agencies of several countries coming after you.

    2) you get some lawyers coming after you plagerism and copyright infringement, probably from robin williams for various "mork & mindy" tv episodes.

    ;-)

    --sgl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange Person6/26/2010 11:38:00 AM

    :{}
    looks like an interesting emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sgl,
    I sure hope it's not #1. :-)

    SP,
    Actually, that's not an emotion at all. It's a pictorial representation of me with my dentures out!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.