Friday, April 30, 2010

Sounds on the Way

Some people learn best through a visual medium -- I certainly fall into this category -- while others prefer to learn from an audio basis. If you fall into the latter category, I recently discovered an interesting resource on Amazon.com, Taoism: Essential Teachings of the Way and Its Power by Ken Cohen. It's an MP3 download that you can listen to any time your heart desires!

Of course, I haven't purchased this product, so I can't vouch for its quality. Still, I have added it to my wish list and, one of these days, I may try it out for myself.

Here's a bit of info from the publisher:
Over 2,000 years ago, the great sage Lao-Tzu was disillusioned that others were unwilling to learn his path to natural goodness and harmony with nature. Today, his Tao Te Ching is one of China's most enduring sacred texts. This introduction to the Tao reveals Lao-Tzu's vast spiritual legacy, including Taoism's mystical roots in China's ancient shamanistic tradition; keys to ethical living, inner silence, and simplicity; Taoist meditation for awareness and healing; Taoist prayers, rituals, and iconography; and teachings on diet, poetry, feng shui, dream yoga, and much more. Ken Cohen is a renowned Taoist initiate, China scholar, and qigong master.

1 comment:

  1. I'm always wondered whether you follow any forms of meditation or your general thoughts on the practice. Do you believe in all that stuff? It seems to follow along the religious Taoist lines.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.