Friday, April 30, 2010

Philosophical Taoism

I think I know what the regular readers of this blog are thinking: "What kind of title is THAT?" Yes, it does seem strange on a blog all about philosophical Taoism to have a specific post entitled Philosophical Taoism as if it needs to be repeated and underscored.

However, each day new folks happen by as the result of utilizing one of the popular search engines. So, I thought it might be nice to point out some of the sundry sources on this interesting and engaging topic.

For starters, there are over 200 links in the right sidebar to Taoist blogs, websites, schools, and books. If you don't know much about Taoism, you could become an expert on the history, ideas and principles by exploring the links provided. Of course, really to understand the Taoist philosophy, you need to look inside yourself. :-)

Since this IS a blog about the subject of Taoism, much of what I've written over the past 5+ years specifically addresses this topic. While I only offer one man's opinion -- I speak for no one else -- you are always welcome to take a gander at some of the series I've presented. (Note: These links are listed as well in the left sidebar.)
Of course, if YOU know of a philosophical Taoist-related resource that I don't have listed here, please contact me and I will add it.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Rambling Taoist,

    I merely wanted to point out as a hobbyist of metaphysics and the occult, Aleister Crowley's interpretation of the Tao Te Ching is absolute genius.

    Anyone remotely interested in Crowley owes it to himself or herself. It's insightful, evocative, and at the very least, completely fascinating.

    Cheers to you and your readers!

    Yours Truly,

    -BothEyesShut

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have much appreciated your blog-as-clearing-house, as well as the dialogue. If you don't hear from me after next week for awhile, it's because I don't know if I'll be able to follow you from China.

    Weird, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Baroness, that does sound odd, but I certainly understand your point. The irony is wild though. You will be in the cradle of Taoism, but possibly unable to connect to a Taoist clearinghouse.

    BES,
    I've never read Crowley's rendition, but now you've piqued my interest.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.