Thursday, September 24, 2009

Oh Soooo Clean

There's not a lot to do in the bathtub. Aside from examining the grout at eye level -- this can be highly interesting for an aspie -- I sometimes grab one of my wife's many hair products to read the witches' brew of ingredients. Mind you, I can't pronounce half of them and I haven't the foggiest notion of what most of them are.

I was reading such a label last night and here's a portion of one such mysterious list:
And the list just keeps going on and on and on!!

If a person didn't know I was listing ingredients from a certain shampoo product, he or she might guess these were all prohibited toxic substances. Of course, maybe they should be anyway!

Since Samson & Delilah, members of the human species have seemed totally preoccupied with the appearance of the hair on one's head.



Not moi. I sport a buzz cut. I don't ever have to comb it. I don't need to "brush it out". I don't spend hours in front of a mirror preening myself. And, when I wash all these little hairs, I use toxin-free castile soap.

How about you? Should your hair and scalp be labeled an environmental Superfund site?

1 comment:

  1. i have experimented with making soaps in the past year. soon, i'll try to figure out how to make my own shampoo. i know of people who simply use baking soda and raw eggs as shampoo, or people who buy the outrageously expensive "natural" shampoos. for now, i use the commercial stuff... but as always i plan to change that when i can find time to experiment. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.