Friday, May 15, 2009

Dead Rodent

Generally speaking, I'm deathly afraid of rodents. Whenever a mouse or rat is caught in a trap or by one of our cats, my wife HAS TO dispose of it because I won't even enter the room. If a mouse is spotted in the house, I leave or lock myself in the bathroom.

Early this morning, however, I encountered a dead mouse and I'm proud to say that I dealt with the problem myself. Of course, this particular rodent happened to be a computer mouse. :O)

It simply quit working. I tried to fix it, but it didn't want to be fixed. So, I hopped over to Radio Shack to purchase a new one.

Being a person with Asperger's who doesn't like change, my intent was to get a mouse just like the old one. But they didn't have any old fashioned ones. So, my new mouse has an optical light instead of a ball and it has one of the scroll wheel thingies in the middle. I'm not even sure I know what the purpose of the wheel is.

Doesn't matter. I'm just going to pretend it's not there.

3 comments:

  1. I fought the scroll wheel at first, now I LOVE it to scroll down blog posts... problem now is that mine is not rolling as well as it used to and grrrrr. so I'll have to get a new mouse, just for that. ;)

    I'm curious, do you like the optic? It never gets dirty or stuck which I find to be rather nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerri,
    You'll have to ask my wife. I traded mice with her.

    The optic one moves so effortlessly that it was causing me grief. For the last decade or two, I've had a neurological issue with my hands -- they shake. Every time I tried using the new mouse, it kept moving when I wasn't trying to move it. So, now my wife has the new one and I have her old clunker.

    I'm happy with the trade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could see what you mean. My father uses the trackball type where you move the ball with your thumb. He fights change too and wants me to find the exact same mouse, only cordless ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.