Thursday, March 16, 2006

A Launch onto a Path

I'm always trying to discover new Taoist blogs and websites with Taoist content. As we each walk along our own paths to Tao, the experience can be greatly enriched by sharing our experiences with others who are walking on their paths. To this end, I will frequently attempt to draw the attention of RT readers toward these types of blogs and/or websites.

A young man in Marquette, MI has launched two blogs today, Beginning Taoism and Beyond Religion.

The initial entry of the former states,
Well here's my new blog about my journey through the beginnings of Philosophical Taoism, because i'm not big into 'religions.' If anyone has any advice they'd like to share, I'm all ears! Time to start analyzing the Tao Te Ching. I recently bought Tao Te Ching: The Definitive Edition by Jonathan Star, it includes his rendering of the book and a verbatium version.
His first entry for Beyond Religion says,
In all World Religions, various parts of the "truth" can be found. The problem is, every religion believes that their religion holds the whole truth. This belief in their path as "the only path," leads to major confrontations. Wars are fought, people are slaughtered over their beliefs. In reality though, none of these religions contain the whole truth, just bits and pieces of it. And the infalliable scriptures? How can they be infalliable if they are written by man? Man makes many errors. Man puts his own opinions in it, puts his own desires in it.
I invite RT readers to consider going along on the ride with him.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot post on the first blog, because I don't have a blogger account.

    This is what I wanted to say:
    "Don't yet try to analyze the Tao te Ching, try to read and understand it first. It's philosophy is really impressive once you understand it. I refrain from analyzing just because the TtC doesn't want to get analyzed :)

    It's considered to be a journey through natural experiences in life and the flow of your inner-self.

    I'll add your site to my site if you want, because it seems that you really are interested in the way of Tao."

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.