Friday, March 25, 2011

God and Lust

Now we turn our attention to lust. As with all the other sins we've covered thus far, I think a case can be made that God is lustful.

We have the situation with Mary, mother of Jesus. As one learns from the Book of Genesis, God can make humans from dust or somebody's extra rib. He doesn't need to go through the whole biological conception scheme like humans do. Consequently, if all he wanted to do was to put his son on earth, he merely could have zapped him there in adult form.

But it seems really obvious -- based on the way we're told the Jesus creation scenario worked out -- that God had an overwhelming desire to have a divine sexual encounter with a human woman. It must have been very difficult for him to watch all these humans day in and day out in the throes of bodily ecstasy and he was always left out, alone up there on his cloud.

Since God is...well God...he could have chosen any woman he wanted OR he could have created one for this singular purpose. For whatever reason, he became infatuated with Mary and, even though Mary already was betrothed to a man, this is the one he wanted. This is the babe he had to have.

And so, he had his way with her and his craving was quelled!

This post is part of a mini-series. To read the intro, go here.

6 comments:

  1. the number of unsubstantiated ideas you are putting into each of these vices you are ascribing to the Christian God is pretty amazing.

    just sayin'.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an interesting comment. I have no clue how "an idea," conjecture or speculation could be substantiated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to agree with the underline sentiment of what Forgetful Man is trying to say. It appears to me that RT is just going on a personal far-reaching rant and rage about Christianity. Rt says that he is doing this because he is trying to help society against any Christian progress but the reality is he is just preaching to himself. This looks like it is just an unfruitful self-therapeutic attempt utilizing ranting and raging. You got an attitude problem RT that is need of some Tao fine tuning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fact that I greatly dislike the Christian depiction of the world (and it's inherent contradictions) is self-evident and I make no apologies for it. Since this happens to my blog, I get to rant and rave about what I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Since this happens to be my blog, I get to rant and rage about what I want to". Dang RT. You are starting to sound just like the Christian God that you hate. :-) I actually appreciate your honesty that you admit it is ALL ABOUT you ranting and raging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What can I say? The Christian religion ticks me off, particularly because certain elements of our society want to ram it down my throat. I don't run around trying to ram philosophical Taoism down people's throats.

    I do want to correct a misnomer. I don't hate the Christian God; I don't think he exists. What I do find loathsome is that this fictitious entity is built on inherent contradictions that most adherents blithely ignore.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.