Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tumbling Along

Sometimes I wonder why I subject myself to reading the news. It seems to grow more depressing day by day. I suppose I keep reading it because sticking one's head in the sand doesn't do any good and it's good to know about the next calamity coming down the pike.

More and more, I'm utilizing my Tumblr blog as a library for what I have been reading. This is not some shameless plug as all the links there are to posts and articles written by others. While I do utilize rss feeds for several of my favorite blogs, more and more of the links shown are from alternative news sources.

In just the past week or so, I've added several articles that are enough to make you shake your head silly. Here are some of the headlines:
  • Report Shows Drones Strikes Based on Scant Evidence
  • Wall Street Is the New Tax Collector? Governments Relinquish Taxation Powers to Big Banks
  • Richest Nations Aim to Wreck Climate Talks
  • Independent Groups Set Record Pace for Outside Spending in a Midterm Election
  • Obama Administration Allows Premium Hikes for Sick Children
  • Deepwater Horizon Owners Turn to Old Law Used in 'Titanic' Case
  • The Plundering Class Loves Unemployment
  • They Hate Us for Our Occupations
  • The Left Right Paradigm is Over: Its You vs. Corporations

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.