Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Tao of Dark Sages - Chapter 7, Part 1

The Tao of Dark Sages
by Scott Bradley


[What follows are excerpts from a final meeting of Sue-tzu, Grasshopper and friends. Because of diminished numbers they met in a small glade off the larger meadow at the invitation of their new friends, the ants, who dwelt nearby. It was the summer of 2002.]

Sue-tzu: It’s great to see you all again. I see that our numbers are greatly decreased and I know that you join me in wishing those friends who decided not to, or could not, be here, the happy continuation of their journeys. Might I be safe in assuming that those of you who are here are so because you were drawn here? And that is good news, indeed.

I have asked Grasshopper to guide us in our time together from here on in. I sense that he is very much in harmony with Tao and I know you sense that too. So, take it away, Grasshopper!

Grasshopper: I’d like to begin by thanking you all for this opportunity to play your guru.

(Hearty Laughter)

So, should you discover that I, too, am full of shit, you won’t be overly surprised.

(More Laughter)

So. Has everyone done his homework? You did assign homework, didn’t you Sue-tzu?

You know, I think I forgot.

Well, I knew what I needed to do. What about the rest of you?

Enjoy our selves!

There. I guess you didn’t need to assign it.

If you're interested in reading more from this series by Scott Bradley, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.