Thursday, October 14, 2010

Rarely What I Think

One of the problems with being in immense amounts of pain is that it's hard to think about anything else...except the immense amount of pain. So, here's another post that centers on my recent fall. :P

I don't know what it is about me, but my first inclination in regards to which part of me that I think I have injured always turns out to be incorrect! If I think it's my elbow, it turns out to be my shoulder. If I think it's my head, it turns out to be my neck. In the present case, I thought I sprained or broke my ankle, but the injury turns out to be in the knuckle of my big toe (no swelling on Tuesday night, a lot of swelling/discoloration yesterday and today) and the area around my arch.

Needless to say, when I went to the ER, they ended up x-raying the wrong part of my foot! They took pictures of my ankle. I'm going to my family doctor in about 30 minutes and I'm sure he will send me back to radiology to have the other part of my foot x-rayed.

In many ways, I hope my foot is broken, not sprained. While the former sounds more serious, breaks tend to heal quicker than sprains and I simply hate hobbling worse than usual. It's difficult to putter around when your putterer ain't puttering!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.