Monday, October 4, 2010

Oh Boy

Last night my wife and I were making a big pot of soup. I went to open a can of diced tomatoes with our manual can opener and something in my right bicep popped. Within seconds, it started to hurt like you wouldn't believe. I'm able to type this post now ONLY because I iced down my arm and shoulder for an hour.

This represents one of the problems with nursing a nagging injury/congenital condition. Sometimes it's the most mundane things that seems to aggravate it. While I've been trying to lay off using my right arm for any type of strenuous activity as I await my date with the surgeon, simple movements seem to cause just as much pain.

So it goes with life, in general. When we're out of balance, it doesn't take much to tip us over the edge! Circumstances that normally would be of no cause for concern, all of a sudden, can knock us off our game in the blink of an eye. This is why we must be ever watchful and vigilant. If a person isn't paying close attention, life can be gone in an instant.

I'm hoping I merely tweaked a muscle or a tendon and I haven't caused even more damage to my ailing right shoulder. Time will tell and I will simply need to deal with whatever the result is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.