Wednesday, October 21, 2009

New Voices Along the Path IX

In my efforts to keep you apprised of new links added to the right sidebar, here's another episode in the ongoing saga. :>)

A Little Detour
My journey that was set in motion on August 24, 2009, by a diagnosis of brain tumor.

Considerate Harmony
In this blog, I would offer health/wellness tips, recipes and information in form of polished and unpolished posts. These posts would be reflections of my personal experiences, so you are welcome to try at your own risks. Be careful when using herbs! I do follow all the tips I give. I have a background in science. I practice qi gong (meditation) and martial arts on a daily basis. I follow Daoist/Taoist diet. You will see the influences of such factors in my posts.

Daology
For centuries philosophers and theologians have been studying the problem of duality in life: good vs. evil; the beautiful vs. the ugly; the sacred vs. the profane or, put another way, body vs. spirit. In the modern era we've refined this duality to the distinction between the realm of the spirit and the realm of the material world or Religion vs. Science where the polar views are religion is the realm of superstition and magic and science is the new arbiter of all truth as to the nature of reality. In the pages that follow I hope to discuss this duality and the hope for a more integrated approach to life that seems to be dawning on the new horizon. It gives us something to look forward to as we approach the cusp of the 21st century.

Tao 61-Yin & Tao 61 - Yang
Two companion blogs by baroness radon. In keeping with the theme of Taoism, there are two central forces in the universe, yin and yang. So, she explores her life and shares her thoughts utilizing this motif. Really creative, don't ya think?

The New Legalist
Across time and space, the Chinese civilization is the only one not based on any religious mythology, but on pure Reason. The naturalist world outlook of the Tao school is not only the spiritual guide for the Chinese people in their thinking and living for thousands of years, but also a great philosophy, based on which the Chinese people have built up a unique and comprehensive thought system covering medicine, economics and politics. This system aims at a dynamic balance between different parts of the human body, between different groupings of people within a society, and between human society and nature. All its subsystems follow the principle of “guiding changes towards balance” (from The Yellow Emperor’s Four Cannon): economically, arranging production and consumption in accord with the change of seasons and with nature’s productive capabilities at the time; and politically, allocating limited resources among people according to their respective contributions to the society…

The Walk of Ten Thousand Steps
Tao is the way, Zen is the walking.

Transformations
I have decided to publish a series of my thoughts on the Tao Te Ching, a work of Chinese philosophy that is influencing me as I ponder it. I hope to introduce others to (my interpretation of) this philosophy and make some space for discussion and feedback, which I would greatly appreciate.

Wisdom of Tao
A little place where life can flow, wisdom can breath, and tranquility exist.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comments: the yin and yang blogs actually created themselves when I thought I was creating one; out of one came two. And then a myriad of posts.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.