Sunday, April 1, 2012

Name That Tune

Htims Yert

The British owner of a stolen parrot said he hopes the thieves will bring the bird back once they've had enough of her singing the hits of Queen.

Malcolm Booth, 44, said the African Grey parrot named Chico was stolen from his Hattersley home last weekend, along with a PlayStation 3 game console, Britain's The Sun reported Wednesday. He thinks the thieves won't be too happy when they realize Chico loves to squawk out the lyrics to "Bohemian Rhapsody," "We are the Champions" and "Killer Queen."

"I'm a great fan of Queen and am used to Chico squawking and whistling their tunes but I'm not sure its everyone's cup of tea," Booth said. "I don't think the people who have her will appreciate her squawking 'Scaramouche', 'Galileo' and 'I'm just a poor boy' at them all the time. In fact I think it will drive them up the wall."
~ from Owner Hopes Stolen Parrot Annoys Thieves via UPI ~
I don't know about you, but I can think of worse things for a parrot to sing. What if the bird's owner had been a fan of Tiny Tim? Can you imagine remaining sane after only two or three renditions of Tiptoe Through the Tulips?

1 comment:

  1. lol :-) But hey, I'm Dutch by birth - there's nothing wrong with tip-toeing through tulips! But if I had to listen to Bohemian Rhapsody over and over - AARRGGHH!!!

    Poor parrot, I hope it's OK and being looked after.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.