Monday, November 7, 2011

A Farewell...Of Sorts

The Rambling Taoist -- in a singular form -- has died. We took him off of life support around 11:20 a.m. today. Other than my wife, he was my best friend. We spent a helluva lot of time together each day and I'd be telling a grand fib if I didn't say I will miss him a lot!

When I started this blog in 2005, it was a solitary pursuit. Becoming The Rambling Taoist made sense. But as with everything else in this life, things change. Over the course of the past two years, this blog morphed from a one-man operation to a two-man operation to its present state as a group blog. Since each writer is a rambling Taoist of sorts, it no longer makes sense for one of the five writers to be The Rambling Taoist.

So, as of today, I simply will go by name, Trey Smith, and I will be one of the 5 Rambling Taoists.

In other news, Ta-Wan and I have decided to experiment with modernizing this blog's template. We have set-up a non-public blogspot account in order to get things in order and work out any bugs. There is no precise timetable, but one of these days you might drop by here and the whole thing will look decidedly different!

Change is natural. Change is inevitable. And change can be good...at least that's what I'm trying to tell my autistic brain! ;-)

5 comments:

  1. You know, I was just thinking that your site could use a reformatting. There's so much posting happening now, that things are going to get lost in the mix. Shall be interested to see what you have in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep it simple, please. Some websites have so much "busy" in them, whether it's flashy graphics or multiple ads popping up, that I have trouble opening them up and therefore tend to avoid them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You spooked me there for a minute.
    Yeah, I think a more au courant look would be good. I've never much liked the colors, very late '70s-early '80s. Earthy is good, but looks old fashioned.

    It might be nice to be able to arrange the posts by topic, like tracks. Tao Bible, TTC, socio-political, guests...etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe each of us contributors could have a distinctive icon or image?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Trey,

    I agree - flashy graphics are annoying. Yes the colors are bland but that's not why we visit, is it?

    - Cuz Robin

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.