Friday, September 23, 2011

Hunger and Poverty - Ensure Fair Prices for Farmers

Current US farm policies favor corporate agribusiness to the detriment of farmers and their families, both in the United States and abroad, leaving many US farmers in a constant state of crisis.
~ from Ten Things to Reduce Hunger and Provide Good Food For All in The Nation ~
One of my favorite singers of the 80s was John Mellencamp. Though I think I've featured this song once before, it speaks so well to this issue. Pay close attention to the lyrics!



To read the introduction to this mini-series, go here.

2 comments:

  1. I love John Mellencamp! I have this CD, and he's still a hell of a songwriter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. That's actually what I meant.

    I love the way he tells stories and/or makes a statement through his songs.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.