Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sweat of Me Brow

Have you ever felt so worn out that you couldn't muster the energy to sleep? If so, you know how I felt early this afternoon. After yesterday's all-day excursion, my plan for today was to lay around and recoup. I do feel a bit rejuvenated now, but after a good deal of honest sweat.

The fellow who mows our yard agreed to bring us a load of bark mulch to be placed over the next set of tarps (eco-friendly method of killing grass). My plan was to help him unload the mulch, then saunter inside to catch some shuteye. But once the mulch was on the ground in a large pile, I decided to move some of it over to the tarps.

I kept moving bucketfuls of mulch until I realized I was done! The pile had completely disappeared. I am now dirty and sweaty, but I feel much better than I did before. Our "yard" looks a lot better too.

After a much needed shower, I think I will be ready for that nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.