Tuesday, August 2, 2011

500 Words

500 Words
by Scott Bradley


Trey has never suggested that I keep my ramblings to a certain number of words, but I have self-imposed a one-page limit which works out roughly to 500 words or less. I need only look at my own on-line reading habits to realize that even this is pushing things. So, I also try and keep the paragraphs short and thus more approachable.

I'm telling you this because I would often like to make qualifications which I must, nonetheless, omit. Nothing is really simple. Everything has its other sides. Words are always imprecise. And my mind is definitely muddled, in any case.

So, many of your objections to what you read here (if you have them) might have been obviated by qualifications necessarily omitted. Or maybe you just disagree. Considering that I really don't know what I'm talking about, how can I argue?

When on the boat, I listen a lot to the BBC, and they always thank me for doing so. It never ceases to amaze me that they know I am listening. But I guess it is no different than that I know you are reading this. Amazing.

That's it then. In only 198 words.

You can check out Scott's other miscellaneous writings here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.