Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Me Too

Earlier today Scott thanked you for reading the stuff we post on this blog. I just want to say, Me too!

There literally are millions upon millions of choices out there on the world wide web and I always feel very humbled that some of you have decided that what Scott and I write either has some meaning and/or it resonates with you. It makes this whole experience worthwhile.

Like Scott, writing has always been a way I work things out in my head. For me, there is something magical that takes place when I am able to cobble together words and sentences in a written form. Issues that seem completely jumbled up and bogged down in me noggin come to life and often provide clarity when I can read them myself.

That's part of it, but let's be frank and honest. Scott and I easily could write this stuff and house it on our own computers or...oh my gosh...write it down on p-a-p-e-r (they still manufacture that, don't they?). If our sole purpose was to enlighten ourselves, there would be no reason to post it in this public medium.

Part of having a blog is ego-based. Anyone who tells you otherwise either is lying or delusional. We put ourselves out there because we want to connect with others and, while we don't want to be patronized, it feels good when readers respond, publicly or privately.

Anyway, my over-inflated ego thanks you. So too does my more selfless self. Even the voices in my head thank you. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. You're welcome!

    Thank you for blogging. I've learned so much from your site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you for the opportunities to comment!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.