Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Landscape of Disaster

We will return to Tao Bible posts in a day or two. Tonight, however, I am featuring a segment from The Rachael Maddow Show in which she interviews Naomi Klein, the author of the book I'm currently reading, "The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism".

I must say that this is one of the most interesting books I've read in quite a while about what is really going on in this nation. I'm just finishing up Chapter 3 -- it details how the Chicago School of Economics almost singlehandedly destroyed democracy in South America from the 1970s - 1990s -- and I am noting eerie similarities between what went on there and what is going on here now.

This interview will provide a brief insight into the kind of topics the book covers.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.