Friday, December 24, 2010

The Greatest Gift

Since this IS the proverbial gift giving season in western society, I was thinking about what could be the greatest gift of all. In popular culture, this designation tends to be Peace on Earth and Good Will to All. But how would one give peace?

Peace is not a static nor tangible commodity. It is the result of a complex matrix of interdependent harmony, in the best cases, and a strategic cost-benefit analysis of tolerance, in lesser cases. Peace and good will are the offspring of what the Taoist sages called supreme virtue.

There are many paths to peace. In my estimation, one of these roads is humor. It is very difficult to hate and wish others harm when everybody is laughing their butts off! I would like to think that, if more world leaders and average citizens would spend at least one-half of each day laughing uproariously, there would be a lot less strife in the world.

Over the next two and one-half days, my gift to the readers of this blog will be in the form of some videos that I find funny or hilarious. Of course, I can't guarantee that all of you will share my definition of humor, but in this season of peace and good will, I'm going to give it a try anyway!

5 comments:

  1. Nice. Indeed, one MAKES peace, one doesn't give it.

    And I just made a good joke on my yin blog.

    Laughing doesn't just promote peace, it promotes good health too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great clip.I laughed! I forgot about these guys. Is this show still on somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you can catch episodes, from time to time, on ABC Family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had another tought, while doing some last minute shopping stuff.

    Laughter does make peace, but even more, its cousin the smile...you don't even have to make a joke.

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved this show! and the Drew Carey Show for that matter. Thanks for this "series"

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.