Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Easy As Pi-e

Since I have been unable to find a lot of quality word games -- my passion -- to add to my Linux system, I have added some puzzle games instead. My favorite of these is a form of computerized Mahjongg. While there are some software versions that award points, the version I have is played simply on a timed basis.

Here's the somewhat interesting part. My game comes with 9 levels of difficulty. My ability to solve puzzles the quickest are for the supposedly two most difficult ones. I am not sharing this "achievement" as a means of boasting or patting myself on the back. And the reason I certainly am not boasting is because, for the life of me, I can't solve the supposed easiest puzzle in a quick time frame! In fact, my slowest times come from the board that is supposed to be the easiest to solve.

I've encountered this same problem numerous times in life, particularly in school. What most people consider easy is next too impossible for me to comprehend. What most people seem to wrestle with, I tend to breeze right through.

I suspect this has something to do with my autistic brain, the one that views the world far differently than most people...or maybe not. I don't truly know. What I do know is that it can often be quite exasperating, at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.