Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Day After

When I awoke this morning, I expected to find a swollen right ankle and to be in a lot of pain. However, my ankle isn't that swollen, but the foot itself is. I've kept it elevated most of the day, yet the swelling hasn't gone down much at all.

It's ironic that, for last month or so I've been so focused on my ailing rights shoulder, yet I'm now very hobbled by an injured right foot! While a bad shoulder makes it difficult to reach for things, a bad foot makes it difficult to get around.

If the swelling in my foot doesn't go down after a day or two, I guess I'll need to go back to the doctor to have the foot itself (not the ankle) x-rayed. Depending on how severe this foot injury is, I may have to postpone my shoulder surgery until my foot heals. It's difficult using crutches if one arm is in a sling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.