Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Tao of Dark Sages - Chapter 3, Part 8

The Tao of Dark Sages
by Scott Bradley


Sue-tzu, I was privileged to sit before you here one year ago and, forgive me if I am wrong, but it seems like your message has changed a bit since then.

That was Zen, this is Tao, Grasshopper!

(Laughter)

But, seriously, it is nice to see you again, Grasshopper! Have you journeyed far down your path?

Yes, I think so. I’ve unlearned so much! And I feel imbued with peace.

Great! I am pleased for you. I sometimes describe my way as ‘bare bones’. And I think that perhaps there was a little bit more meat on those bones when last we met. My journey is not over. Nor will it ever be while I live in this body. I am still unlearning. Change is the movement of the Tao as expressed in Nature. Only in the flow of change are we in harmony with the Tao.

While we are on the subject of my inconsistencies, let me tell you now that though I have previously suggested that I am ‘awakened’, I no longer think this to be the case.

Chuang-tzu tells us that “Life is a headlong gallop...Just go with the process of change.” A few years ago I was shaking my fist at god and ranting. I have only just begun this wonderful journey in earnest. Again, Chuang-tzu: “I have no idea when my journey is over...Great understanding comes in and I have no idea where it will all end.”

It’s hard to imagine you shaking your fist at god! Why was that?

Because I had believed and then disbelieved. And I did not realize that disbelief can be a more powerful belief than belief itself.

If you're interested in reading more from this series by Scott Bradley, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.