Friday, September 24, 2010

The Tao of Dark Sages - Chapter 3, Part 7

The Tao of Dark Sages
by Scott Bradley


Sue-Tzu, can you speak more about what you mean by the Unknown?

Certainly. I mean the Unknown. But let me ask you, ‘What do you know?’

Nothing?

Are you sure?

(Laughter)

I am sure that I know nothing, but not that I practice not-knowing.

That’s a great answer. It’s in awareness that reality blossoms. So, if you know nothing, what is, for you, Unknown?

Everything?

I agree. And what is your relationship to everything?

All is One. I am one with everything.

And so, you are . . ?

The Unknown?

Exactly! You are the Unknown. The Unknown is all. All is Unknown. When the apostle Paul went to Ephesus to preach he saw an altar dedicated to the Unknown God among all the other altars to their various gods and goddesses. They wanted to cover all the bases, fill in the unexplained gaps. When we speak of the Unknown, however, we are not filling in the gaps. We are speaking of everything in its totality. We know nothing.

If you're interested in reading more from this series by Scott Bradley, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.