Friday, September 24, 2010

A Good Book on American Fascism

In a series of posts -- Quite an Irony, The Precursor, Pious Indoctrination, A Man's World, and A Binary Perspective -- I've shared with you some facets of Chris Hedges' excellent book, American Fascists: The Christian Right and the War on America. While Hedges writes in an easy-to-read manner, the subject matter is NOT so easy to read about!

In all honesty, I didn't learn that much new information from the book as I've been involved in third party politics and human rights activism for many years. I have done a lot of research on this overall issue on my own. What I did learn is that the major issues I was already aware of run much deeper than I once thought possible. It also alerted me to the fact that the Christian Right will not go down without a bruising and bloody fight.

If you are not aware of the far reach of the Christian Right, then this book is a MUST READ. It will open your eyes to an undercurrent that pervades much of the country and a good deal of our government. In fact, I dare say, it may blow your mind to recognize just how entrenched the problem is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.