Friday, September 10, 2010

My Weird Take on the World

Last night I stopped at Dairy Queen to pick up a milkshake for myself and a friend. When the clerk delivered the shakes, she looked at me for a moment, disappeared and then returned with two straws. "Geez," she said, "it would be hard to enjoy your shake without a straw."

"Straws aren't necessary," I replied. "Right, right," she said. "You probably want a spoon, then?" "No, I don't require a spoon," I said with a twinkle in my eyes.

"Well, without a straw or a spoon, I think it would be difficult to drink such a thick shake," the clerk declared.

I smiled. "I usually simply dump the shake on my head," I said as I pantomimed the action. "Then as it drips down my face, I switch my tongue from side-to-side to catch the drops of ice cream."

She laughed, though I don't know if she was laughing with me or at me.

I don't care one way or the other.

1 comment:

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.