Sunday, July 11, 2010

Maybe There IS a God After All

I'm happy to report -- at least for the moment -- that I somehow managed to get my computer up and running again. Don't ask me what I did to manage this because I don't rightly know! I simply kept repeating the same steps over and over again -- at some point the BIOS set-up screen came on which allowed me to reset the start-up sequence.

It's certainly not a perfect arrangement as I have seemed to have lost my ability to print anything and my sound card has gone silent.

I'm still not done tinkering. At the very least, I'd appreciate restoring the sound capabilities and I'm going to continue to try to get both 256MB memory cards to work simultaneously. As it stands right now, I'm operating at 384MB of RAM which is the capacity I've been operating at for the past 2 years or so.

Before I allow the computer to play its games again (like failing to boot at all), I will format and schedule a week's worth of posts for the Daodejing - Other Voices series PLUS the posts for the last section of Scott's book.

By the way, the God I may now have to start believing in is named Burfherder. I tried praying to all the known gods (i.e., Yahweh, Jehovah, Allah, God the almighty, the Great Spaghetti Monster, etc.) and NONE OF THEM delivered. Burfherder is the only one who came through for me.

All I had to do was to agree to give her my left-handed virgin sister (giggle...I don't think she's figured out yet that I don't have a sister, virgin or otherwise) and I think I'm set for life. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.