Thursday, July 22, 2010

Change Is Good (They Say)

I've been offline for the past 12 hours or so as I brought my new -- well, new to me -- computer up to speed. It's a refurbished IBM ThinkCentre with a bit more RAM and twice the hard drive capacity as my old machine. The new computer came with its own licensed version of Windows XP Professional...which I immediately erased.

Even though I have been satisfied with Debian GNU/Linux (Lenny), I decided to try something new. The operating system I chose for this go around was Kubuntu 10.4. Many aspects of Kubuntu seem a tad bit better than Lenny, but it still involves a learning curve.

So, if I seem a bit silent -- not writing in my usual torrent -- it's because I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate my way around this new system.

Change is good...I think. ;-)

1 comment:

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want. We may respond...or we may not. It depends on the mood and preferences of the specific author of the post. Ta-Wan generally responds in a timely manner. Trey responds some of the time and Scott rarely replies (due to limited internet access). You can be assured that all comments are read by this blog's two administrators: Ta-Wan & Trey.