Thursday, July 22, 2010

Change Is Good (They Say)

I've been offline for the past 12 hours or so as I brought my new -- well, new to me -- computer up to speed. It's a refurbished IBM ThinkCentre with a bit more RAM and twice the hard drive capacity as my old machine. The new computer came with its own licensed version of Windows XP Professional...which I immediately erased.

Even though I have been satisfied with Debian GNU/Linux (Lenny), I decided to try something new. The operating system I chose for this go around was Kubuntu 10.4. Many aspects of Kubuntu seem a tad bit better than Lenny, but it still involves a learning curve.

So, if I seem a bit silent -- not writing in my usual torrent -- it's because I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate my way around this new system.

Change is good...I think. ;-)

1 comment:

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.