Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Rough Month So Far

At the start of February (2/2), I had all my teeth yanked. Two days later I wound up in the emergency room with a pill stuck in my windpipe. Less than two weeks later (yesterday), I was back in the hospital ER receiving intravenous fluids for dehydration.

Over the past weekend, I came down with a nasty case of the stomach flu. My wife caught it first and suffered through about 10 hours of retching. Within another day or two, she was on the mend. My case has been worse because I rarely vomit (last time it happened was approximately 30 years ago). Though I felt like retching several times and actually TRIED to induce it, my body would not allow it. So, it's taking a lot longer to work its way through my system.

Another thing that's not helping is that I can't eat many of the foods recommended -- dry toast, bread, rice -- because I still can't chew. So, while I am feeling somewhat better, my current diet of jello, juice and applesauce isn't providing much in the way of calories and protein; my brain still isn't working very well.

Hopefully, I can return to regular activities in the next day or so.

6 comments:

  1. I was beginning to wonder where you'd gotten to. Hope you both get feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI R T

    oh my, ick - hope you are better soon and eating all your favorite foods again too!!

    Love and healing
    Gail
    peace....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Protein shakes and chicken or beef broth for the win -- or just use the blender and eat whatever you want. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind and upbeat sentiments. As a vegetarian, the chicken or beef broth is a no-go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe ur becoming ready to change ur "food" frequency?
    I've gone through a bunch of things lately. Hope this helps :)

    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=6E1265D02C4E3804&search_query=breatharian

    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=6B04DD150A53D285&search_query=jericho+sunfire

    Galactic Federation Of Light:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Komurosan

    http://lightworkers.org/spiritual-channeling-ascended-masters-channel

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.