Sunday, January 3, 2010

Wen Tzu - Verse 108, Part VII

from Verse One Hundred Eight
To have few concerns means to grasp what is essential in order to comprehend the manifold, to hold to the minimum in order to govern the maximum, to live quietly in order to sustain activity.
~ Wen-tzu: Understanding the Mysteries ~
Of the various passages of this verse, this is the one I need to take to heart the most! As a nervous Nellie, I tend to have far too many concerns and this tendency causes me to work myself up into an anxious frenzy rather easily!

I've made some progress over the past year, but I have a long way to go.

This post is part of a series. For an introduction, go here.

2 comments:

  1. There are those who, claiming to love peace, stir others into an anxious frenzy, in their zeal to acquire it.
    In this frenzy, there is no peace.
    If, at length there is a little peace, the stirrers start to stir again. And again. And again.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.