Thursday, January 21, 2010

Life Beyond

I know a lot of people who have a definite opinion on so-called extraterrestrial life. Some scoff loudly at the idea. Others accept it carte blanche. And some will tell you about the time the little green men kidnapped them and took them far away to conduct "experiments".

As with more and more topics, I'm proud to declare I DON'T KNOW. The entities on this planet may represent all the higher life forms in the totality of universes OR we could be one of billions. If I had to venture a guess, I suppose I would more likely come down on the latter side.

In fact, since we don't really KNOW much of anything about anything, such life forms may be here amongst us already. Maybe several different life entities occupy our world in different dimensions. What we see as space may be teeming with a civilization we can't detect.

On the other hand, I'm equally open to the possibility that you, me and the world around us doesn't exist at all. This life may be nothing more than some cosmic dream. It may all be part of some grand illusion.

While I don't believe it and I don't see any evidence of it, there may be a god or a supreme creator. One of the present religions may be square on right; conversely, they may all have it wrong. This divine creator could resemble a spirit, angel, human, butterfly or a doberman pinscher!

I guess the point I'm trying to get across is that there are few, if any, parameters to my thinking these days. The more I study philosophical Taoism, the more I realize how ignorant we all are as to what this life is, how it came to be, what keeps it going and where any of us will end up.

Far from being a negative, I find that this lifting of parameters has been liberating. No longer do I need to think, visualize or contemplate within a narrow frame of reference. I do realize that my form and, potentially, finite state will limit my understanding, but the sky is the limit as to what I can consider or conceive of being possible.

Who knows? Maybe one day I can write a post about little green men or my visit in the twelfth dimension. :P

7 comments:

  1. It is not typical of me to subscibe to the existence of UFOs.
    But to date, I have witnessed two.
    Both the same colour.
    Both moving in exactly the same, physically-impossible way.
    These sightings were over Vancouver airport, and several years later, on a trimaran far out to sea.

    I don't know what they were.
    But I must say: they moved like nothing that exists in our current physical technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RT: All this has been going somewhere quite profound.
    Without your knowledge, you have provided me with the fuel I needed to arrive at the place I now find myself.
    Also you serve as a nexus for connecting people.
    I understand your viewpoint now.
    Thank you for the part you have played in all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FIrst, I just KNEW God was a Dog!

    And second, traditional Taoist cosmology is very compatible with quantum physics.

    And third, @ Crow, my husband is very interested in Fortean phenomena; if you want to share details of your sightings, please contact me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crow,
    I'm so glad I could be of service. That said, I don't understand your point of view at all since you seem loath to provide any details and you rarely answer direct questions.

    Baroness,
    What I can't decide is if God is a doberman pinscher or an Akita. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baroness:
    You have no public email on your profile. If you look at mine, I do. Email to make contact if you wish.
    There's not a lot else to report on my sightings, though.
    The colour was avocado-flesh green, but glaring like far-off headlights.
    The glare concealed any detail.
    Moving randomly in impossibly high G sprints in three dimensions.
    Neither sighting visibly "ended".
    The first, driving by, I had to concentrate on driving. I drove away from the event.
    The second, after a long time I went below from cockpit to cabin, after fifteen minutes or so.
    When I next emerged, the event was over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i believe that there's more to this existence (if that's what this is) then meets the eye. that's all i know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think my dog/god is a basset hound.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.