Saturday, December 5, 2009

New Book for Moi

Even though it will be 2 - 3 months before I finish posting entries on the Wen Tzu, I'm already laying the foundation for my next "epic" project: the series on the Book of Chuang Tzu. While the former offers a mere pedestrian 180 pages or so, the latter is nearly 300 pages! So it may well take up the vast majority of 2010.

Right now, I'm slowly reading Learning the Tao: Chuang Tzu as Teacher by Keith Seddon, a Professor of Philosophy at Warnborough College in Ireland. It's not a very thick book (less than 100 pages), but most of my time is being spent on the Wen Tzu. I've learned quite a bit from what I've read in Seddon's book thus far.

The book I recently purchased and received today from Amazon.com is When the Shoe Fits: Commentaries on the Stories of the Taoist Mystic Chuang Tzu by Osho. It's a much larger book and I'll try to get started on it in the next few weeks.

While I am looking forward to exploring the Chuang Tzu with all of you next year, I am thoroughly enjoying the trip through the Wen Tzu right now.

3 comments:

  1. Osho.. Should be a new perspective.

    I seeeeee now why you reference Lao Tzu from the Wen Tzu. Mr Wen was one of us, just quoting the bog boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it the butterfly dreaming it is me or me dreaming that I'm a butterfly?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.