Monday, August 24, 2009

Today's Treat

Earlier today I was whacking down a medium size patch of the invasive monkey weed. As it was starting to get a bit hot, I sat down under a tree and spent the next 30 minutes or so watching all the various bugs and insects in my vicinity (very few mosquitoes, though).

No metaphors here. No deep analysis. It was simply neat sitting there watching vast civilizations going about their daily routine. It's at quiet times like these that I really sense the oneness of it all.

5 comments:

  1. Nice R T, nice indeed.

    Love to you and Della
    Gail
    peace....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what it would be like to be a bug for a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophia,
    It's ironic that you would pose that question because I heard one bug say to another, "I wonder what it would be like to be human for a day?" : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know that I'd want to trade spaces to find out. Do you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I don't know. It might be grand being a moth or a spider for a day -- provided somebody didn't squash me! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.