Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Change Your Life

Many years ago my mother had a book by a guy named Dr. Wayne Dyer on foot reflexology. It showed how massaging various points on a person's foot could alleviate pain in various parts of the body. We both tried it and I can't say I noticed any substantive results -- but foot massages sure felt good!

It's been a decade or two since I saw Dyer's name attached to a book. In recent years, it seems that Dr. Dyer has discovered Taoism and this resulted in the book, Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao. I haven't read it, but the YouTube video below has me a bit intrigued.



Have any of you read this book? If so, please leave a short or long review in the comments section. It might be another book to add to my growing Taoist library.

5 comments:

  1. I have not read it. However, this is definitely intriguing! Thank you!:) I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read several of Dr Dyer's books over the last 30 years and enjoyed his PBS specials.
    I'm a relatively new student of the Tao, having read a half dozen translations and the Tao of Sales and the Tao of Pooh.
    I've been reading and rereading this book for about two months now and I really enjoy it. Based on what I've read here on your blog, I think you would enjoy his interpretation of the Tao.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my late mother was in the nursing home, she particularly enjoyed his PBS specials.

    I don't know if it's Daoism, but he has a great outlook on life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, foot massages are great, or so says my husband, the addict.

    Wayne Dyer seems to be into anything that will sell, the smart guy.

    It must have been "Tao" he was selling the time I saw him barefoot on TV, with a fake water fountain on stage.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.