Sunday, February 23, 2014

When Turning Left, Use Your Blinker

Trey Smith


One complaint I have often received on this blog is my fusion of leftist ideology with philosophical Taoism. I make no apologies for it because we each travel down different paths and I tend to travel down those to the left of center. Therefore, it is understandable that my tao would tend to be a left-leaning one.

That said, I sort of understand how this criticism arises and, with this blog in its winding down stage, I have created a new one: The [Left] Left Coast. I will endeavor to use the new blog as a platform for my radical, left-leaning commentary.

Once I finish posting another 4 - 6 weeks of Scott's insightful contemplations and a few entries of my own here and there, this blog will go on a prolonged hiatus. I'm not saying definitively that it will end -- though it certainly may -- but I'm guessing I will only post to it periodically going forward. I've told Scott that the door here will forever be open to him and the same is true for Ta-Wan, but we've each written about this same overall topic for years and it feels like a good time to turn over a new leaf.

I don't know how often I will post on The [Left] Left Coast, but knowing myself, I'm sure it will be off and on. When it's on, there probably will be a flurry of posts and, when it's off, I may go days without posting anything. But I do plan to move two features from here over to there: Morning News and the Afternoon Matinee (though, maybe, I should jettison the use of the word Afternoon in combination with Matinee). ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I find "The Left" perspective a comfortable fit with Taoism, especially in the environmental social intersection. The concept of wu-wei (rising of itself) echos the tenets of Deep Ecology, bioregionalism and anarchism.

    In fact, it was while conducting environmental research and activism that I experienced my first taste of satori.

    Never hesitate to straddle the line, if there is one, between illusional boundaries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't stopped by in quite a while, my own busy life, an active Facebook presence, my neglected blog. Good luck! I was rather amused to find your reference to the redundancy of "afternoon matinee"...I think I pointed that out many moons ago.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want. We may respond...or we may not. It depends on the mood and preferences of the specific author of the post. Ta-Wan generally responds in a timely manner. Trey responds some of the time and Scott rarely replies (due to limited internet access). You can be assured that all comments are read by this blog's two administrators: Ta-Wan & Trey.