Wednesday, December 18, 2013

On the FM Dial

Trey Smith


I have a confession to make. I haven't been as attentive to this blog over the past 2 or 3 weeks as is usual. I have been committing the barest amount of time to keep it humming along. The reason for this happenstance is that I have signed on to become part of the team for Ocean Shores' all-volunteer, community radio station, KSOW-LP, 91.3 FM. I have been appointed to the Radio Board and I'm in the process of trying to get the production protocol down so that I can assume the duties of the station's production manager.

I even have been on the radio itself a time or two. I'm starting out small by experimenting with taped weather forecasts and news reports. Once I become more comfortable, there are a good number of public affairs projects I hope to tackle.

This in no way means the end of this blog. Once I better understand the software I'm dealing with -- it's on a computer that runs (yuk!) Microsoft -- and I have settled into a routine, I'll have more time to write. In the meantime, if you want to listen to KOSW, here is the link to the stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.