Wednesday, December 18, 2013

On the FM Dial

Trey Smith


I have a confession to make. I haven't been as attentive to this blog over the past 2 or 3 weeks as is usual. I have been committing the barest amount of time to keep it humming along. The reason for this happenstance is that I have signed on to become part of the team for Ocean Shores' all-volunteer, community radio station, KSOW-LP, 91.3 FM. I have been appointed to the Radio Board and I'm in the process of trying to get the production protocol down so that I can assume the duties of the station's production manager.

I even have been on the radio itself a time or two. I'm starting out small by experimenting with taped weather forecasts and news reports. Once I become more comfortable, there are a good number of public affairs projects I hope to tackle.

This in no way means the end of this blog. Once I better understand the software I'm dealing with -- it's on a computer that runs (yuk!) Microsoft -- and I have settled into a routine, I'll have more time to write. In the meantime, if you want to listen to KOSW, here is the link to the stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want. We may respond...or we may not. It depends on the mood and preferences of the specific author of the post. Ta-Wan generally responds in a timely manner. Trey responds some of the time and Scott rarely replies (due to limited internet access). You can be assured that all comments are read by this blog's two administrators: Ta-Wan & Trey.