Saturday, November 23, 2013

Out of Touch

Trey Smith


I can't remember a time within the last 20 years when I have been this out of touch with what is going on in the rest of the world. Over the past week, a major climactic event, mass shooting or political uproar could have taken place and I would be none the wiser.

In one way, this bothers me greatly. I have been a news and information junkie my whole life, so I feel quite out of sorts. However, in another way, it is a bit of a liberating feeling. Not being tied to the computer or TV, I have spent a lot more time than usual out in nature. I have been to a state park and/or public beach every day this week with one exception.

Consequently, the title of this post is something of a misnomer. While I have been out of touch with one aspect of my life, I have been more in touch with another. I am hopeful that I can strike a good balance here in Ocean Shores -- ya know, the best of both worlds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.