Saturday, November 23, 2013

Out of Touch

Trey Smith


I can't remember a time within the last 20 years when I have been this out of touch with what is going on in the rest of the world. Over the past week, a major climactic event, mass shooting or political uproar could have taken place and I would be none the wiser.

In one way, this bothers me greatly. I have been a news and information junkie my whole life, so I feel quite out of sorts. However, in another way, it is a bit of a liberating feeling. Not being tied to the computer or TV, I have spent a lot more time than usual out in nature. I have been to a state park and/or public beach every day this week with one exception.

Consequently, the title of this post is something of a misnomer. While I have been out of touch with one aspect of my life, I have been more in touch with another. I am hopeful that I can strike a good balance here in Ocean Shores -- ya know, the best of both worlds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want. We may respond...or we may not. It depends on the mood and preferences of the specific author of the post. Ta-Wan generally responds in a timely manner. Trey responds some of the time and Scott rarely replies (due to limited internet access). You can be assured that all comments are read by this blog's two administrators: Ta-Wan & Trey.