Monday, November 11, 2013

Almost Gone

Trey Smith


Hopefully, when you read this, I will have delivered our last load of furniture to Ocean Shores. Yesterday, I took down my bedroom and moved my desk out of my computer room -- my computer now sits on a wobbly card table. The computer won't make the move up north until the end of this week or the start of next week. By our current plans, I will make one or two overnight trips back here to continue the work on clean-up duty before we have the utilities shutoff.

At that juncture, all that will be left is to take whatever is left over to the dump. I may wait until my buddy Dan gets back to South Bend in three weeks because, unlike me, he has a pickup. (He's in Oregon on a job.) Once the final dump run (or runs) is complete, I will lock up the house for the final time and, in short order, turn over the keys to USDA.

As I ferry between Ocean Shores and South Bend this week, I may or may not post as much as usual. We'll just have to see how things flush out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want. We may respond...or we may not. It depends on the mood and preferences of the specific author of the post. Ta-Wan generally responds in a timely manner. Trey responds some of the time and Scott rarely replies (due to limited internet access). You can be assured that all comments are read by this blog's two administrators: Ta-Wan & Trey.